artbycassiday

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bait and Switch


I tease my Elizabeth about this a little bit. The other night she says, "Do you want to see something funny?" "Sure," I say as I get up from my prone position on the couch in front of the television, put my shoes on, and start following her to the garage. As we are walking out the door, she says, "Do you want to do something helpful while we're there?" I don't point out that we are not actually "there" Yet.

And by this time, I realize I've passed the point of no return and am committed to the journey wherever it may lead. "Of course," I say, but mention something about "bait and switch" in a humorous fashion.

In the garage, she points to a pair of muddy little raccoon paw prints (that was the funny part), and then we move to the "helpful" part. "See those 12 boxes over there?" "Uh oh," I'm thinking, "This can't be good."

Well, it wasn't all that bad. We got the 12 boxes out of the garage and up the stairs and into a bedroom closet. And I resumed my prone position on the couch in front of the TV, took my shoes off, and picked up the program where I left off. Life is good.

Last night she made bacon, lettuce, and tomato (from her bountiful garden) sandwiches for dinner, and baked a delicious peach tart for dessert. And then we watched "Babette's Feast," a sweet and charming foreign film with subtitles. Life is really good.

I'm done with major house painting projects for a while because I'm teaching part-time again at Creighton University and Metro Community College, but am available for small painting and or tiling jobs. Or better yet, buy a painting!

Later,
Bud

www.artbycassiday.com

ps. Check out the Blue Pomegranate Art Gallery in Benson, 6570 Maple Street. The gallery is filled with wonderful glass work, hanging doo-dads, sculpture, and painting, including the one attached.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ronnie said...

Sounds like Liz + Bud = happy!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home