artbycassiday

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thurston Howell III - Hail! to the Victors Valiant (Michigan Fight Song)


After all that populist Tea Party hyped phoniness the last two years, the Republicans have come up with a zillionaire, two Washington insider lobbyists, and a nut running for President (well, perhaps 2 nuts, maybe even 3). Thurston Howell III, Elmer Gantry, Scrooge, and Barney Fife all engaged in a campaign for the most powerful job in the world. Egad.

Going 0 for 2 last night, Rick Santorum said he had a "great night" and bragged about his college educated mother -- just days after calling President Obama a "snob" for wanting to give all Americans an opportunity for higher education. The less educated Michigan voters were, the more likely they voted for Rick Santorum. This could explain his opposition to college educations. He went on to say, "I'm not giving up. I'll continuing campaigning on my positions: pro-Iran war, anti-secular pro-theocratic form of government for the US, my anti-immigrant, anti-birth control, anti-sex, anti-Protestant, anti-higher education, and anti-JFK messages until virtually no one will vote for me except those racists who give Ron Paul money. And if I lose, I'll just go back to my comfortable life as a Washington DC insider/lobbyist making a $1 million a year."

Just days ago Mitt Romney said, "I'm tall, good looking, and filthy stinking rich, and I can't believe I'm losing to that moron Rick Santorum." The Onion reported today that "Romney Thanks State He Was Born And Raised In For Just Barely Giving Him Enough Votes To Beat Total Maniac." "Michiganders in the last two weeks discovered who I really am,' said Rick Santorum. 'And that's why I went from 10 pts. ahead two weeks ago to losing by 3% last night."

It could be Santorum's smug, self-righteous elevation of ignorance as a value. Or it might be his casual war mongering carelessness. Or it could be his smarmy self-lubricating hypocritical cherry picking of Catholic teachings while claiming Barack Obama and mainline Protestants aren't Christians ( his tax returns show charitable giving in the 2-3% range, by the way). His pledges to dismantle public education, his stance against college educations because of secular "indoctrination," his plans to start a war with Iran, use up our natural resources as fast as we can, and institute some strange and mean theocratic form of government ( i.e. the recent all male Congressional hearings on birth control) to regulate our sex lives, give me the willies. Or it could be his latest pronouncements that John F Kennedy's advocacy of separation of church and state wants to make him "throw up."

Anyway, I don't like him...... I'm glad he lost.

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg Kosmicki said...

Bud, I keep saying to all my friends that you're a political genius-- well,anyway, at least compared to the Republican nominees. Hell, my rubber tree plant in the TV room is a political genius compared to them. I guess that makes you like, the Einstein of the political blog circuit. I guess the good thing is that the GOP bigwigs may go to some sort of meltdown tactic at their convention--some kind of an affair involving axes, clubs and pitchforks, the pillory, and trials by fire and water, plus burnings at the stake, after forcing all the candidates to go through an intra-anal sonongram to see if they really are full of what it appears that they are full of,(the screen will be positioned so that the conventioneers can see, but the candidates won't be forced to look if they don't want to)and then they'll trot out the Three Stooges from the wings: Christy, Jeb, and Paul Ryan-- to save the party! Wooee! I'm bringing my marshmallows and my industrial-sized sack of popcorn that that weenie roast!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Bud Cassiday said...

Good one Greg. Funny! I got a good laugh..... thanks

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home