artbycassiday

Friday, March 06, 2015

My $10 million Challenge - not really, just kidding.

It was surprising how fast the Republicans folded on their withholding of funds for the Department of Homeland Security in order force President Obama to deport the parents of 5 million Mexican-American children. Speaker of the House, John Boehner, was only able get a one week funding extension passed on a Friday and by Tuesday of the next week they gave up and decided all those parents of those 5 million American citizen children could stay for now. * *** * * * * * The Republican driven lawsuit that could severely damage the Affordable Care Act for millions of Americans was heard in the US Supreme Court on Wednesday. One thing to keep in mind, strangely enough, is that Obamacare is the only Republican idea in the last 35 years that's actually worked. Republicans are now scrambling to replace their best idea ever with something not as good, just in case. Many Republicans are lamenting that they filed the suit in the first place now. Up to 9 million people could lose their subsidies for health insurance. Why Republicans think taking people's health insurance away is a good idea or good politics escapes me. * * * * * * * You know you are over the hill when you start investigating devices to help you put your socks on. * * * * * * * Having successfully lowered the standard of living in Wisconsin, Governor Scott Walker is promising to bring the same to the entire country. That's not really much of a selling point. Another wannabee is neurosurgeon Ben Carson who revealed he "chose" be straight and said prisons create gay people. His apologies and backtracking didn't help much. Like my brother says, "It's not rocket surgery." * * * * * * * * * I just read another Obama is a Muslim post on Facebook. I'll give $10 million to anyone who can prove to me they are a Christian, or any other religion for that matter. Of course, I don't have $10 million dollars, and I'm kidding. But if someone gave me $10 million and claimed to be a Christian, I'd be inclined to believe them. In fact, for $10 million, I'd believe you were whatever religion you want. * * * * * * * * * Re. Harrison Ford -- If you have to crash land an airplane and need medical attention, a California golf course is a pretty good place to find doctors in a hurry. I'm glad he will be okay. I'm looking forward to the Blade Runner sequel. * * * * * * * The U.S. added 295,000 Jobs In February; Unemployment Rate Falls To 5.5 Percent - outraged Republicans vow to fight. * * * * * It took Republicans $100 million, 6 separate investigations, and 3 years to discover Hillary Clinton used a private email service to conduct State Department Business. Maybe if they'd just read their email they'd have noticed the Hilary@Yahoo.mail address. Republicans gave a pass to the guy who invaded the wrong country based on fabricated evidence and tanked the economy, but woe to the Hilary who used the wrong email address. * * * * * * * Thought for the day. I'm not sure why I like this quote as much as I do. “The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.” ― Tom Waits Another Tom Waits quote I can relate to is "I've been riding on the crest of a slump lately." * * * * * * * ps. I'm doing the research for Ch. 5 of my blog novel "Has Anybody Seen my Picasso" right now and am reading "The Twilight Years: Paris in the 1930's" by William Wiser. I hope to have Ch. 5 done soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home