artbycassiday

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Justified

I’m watching “Justified,”
season 5, no. 11, Amazon Prime
on my Roku tv,
sipping some Clan MacGregor
blended scotch whisky.
That’s whisky with no “e” by the way,
and I just noted lightning out the
west window and heard the distant rumble
of the thunder, a gentle tympani,
out there in the symphony
going on at this moment.
I just checked the weather radar
and this system is different than the
other night which was a series of
cells moving toward us from the south.
This one is about the size
of the Ogallala aquifer, extending
from Texas to South Dakota and
appears to be of a gentler nature.
I golfed today with one of my golfing buddies,
and surveyors were measuring the erosion
on the Papio Creek that runs through
The Knolls golf course at 120th and Maple
along its western boundary using
a GPS system of some kind.
A bright orange safety fence has been
erected along the western side of hole #6 where
the creek has eroded more and more
over the years so golfers don't go looking
for an errant shot on that steep weakened slope.
You’d be surprised
the lengths golfers will go to avoid
taking a penalty stroke,
so the safety fence is probably a good idea.
In Florida, and other southern states,
special rules have been promulgated
so that golfer do not approach alligators
to play a shot. Like I said,
you’d be surprised the lengths to which
golfers will try to avoid a penalty stroke.
Season 5, episode 12 of "Justified"
is now running, and my whisky glass is empty,
all in the space of one poem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home