artbycassiday

Friday, October 05, 2018

2019 Calendar Email me at artbycassiday@coxnet

2019 Art by Cassiday Calendars - $20
Thank you to all who purchased my 2018 Art by Bud Cassiday calendars. I am now taking orders for my 2019 calendars. Email me at artbycassiday@cox.net. I’d like to share with some of the encouragement I’ve received from artists I admire and some undoubtedly true stories I’ve heard from my customers.

"I love his colors and irreverance and outlook on life. He reminds me of my husband, Diego Rivera. Bud's a wonderful man. I have several of his calendars." - Frida Kahlo

Hans Hofmann just texted me that he was pleased by my use of color and texture devoid of comprehensible structure as an element of the failure of the communication nexus of the synthetic moral construction of epistemic communalism and the contextual disorientation of post-modern America, particularly in my happy dogs playing musical instruments. He ordered two.

"His work is so colorful and glimmers on the canvas. When I see his ocean villages, I can taste the salt air! His use of colors is exquisite. I learned so much from him that summer he spent with me at Arles. We painted every day. It was amazing to watch him -- he became the landscape. And the peasants loved him. He was so kind. And those evenings with Gaugin........... We both have his calendars. Love the guy. I'll send him my other ear someday." - Vincent van Gogh

"Bud would be totally embarrassed to know I am writing on his behalf, but I had him in mind when I painted "Whamm!" He is one of the few who understood Pop Art and the counter-cultural underground and the appropriation of art by consumerism. He taught me to work from sketches. A real smart man and fine artist. I have all his calendars. Without him, I wouldn't know what day it is." - Roy Lichtenstein

"Bud Cassiday? Sure I know him. I love his action art. He gave me the idea. My "Galaxy" painting was inspired by his work. He has such a free-flowing style; abstract expressionism would not have happened but for him. He introduced me to Peggy Guggenheim. I owe him so much. And we have a lot in common. We both lived in Wyoming as children; his son and I share a January 28 birthday. We always exchange birthday cards. And I loved his 1956 Buick Roadmaster. It was a lot like my Pontiac. His work in mixed media and textural painting is remarkable. If you haven't gotten a calendar yet, you should. And Lee Krasner and Bud are such good friends. I love him like a brother. He should charge a lot more for those calendars. " -- Jackson Pollock

Dear Bud: I'd like three of your excellent calendars. I understand they are only $20 each. I love your synaesthetic art. I consider you a find practitioner of synaesthetism of a high order. I wonder though what you think of the synchronic anti-modalism of the experiential synaptic cascade phenomenon in relation to the theosophic rather than spiritual/archetypal scaffolding paradigm? I would most interested. Sincerely, Wassily Kandinsky.

Dear Bud - even though I've been dead since 1995, I'd like to say thanks for watching my tv show and I love your Happy Dogs. I painted happy trees which are different than Happy Dogs, but they both are happy. I love happy trees, and clouds, and bushes, and rocks, and barns, and birds. Just remember, there are no mistakes, only happy accidents. Oops, I just spilled my f****** coffee. Sh**. ps. I'll take two calendars. – Your admirer, Bob Ross

"I love Cassiday's art, his inquisitiveness, his love of science and discovery. I always chuckle when I see one of his Happy Dog paintings. I wish I had thought of that. And who doesn't love dogs? I do. And his chicken paintings are a delight, especially those on the motorcycles. I've known him for years and we talk regularly, especially when I need inspiration. He's such an interesting and resourceful fellow. If he ever does a calendar for 1516, I'm ordering several. One for me and several for my friends." -Leonardo Da Vinci


Deconstructing the human form and reconstructing it again is the ultimate creative and destructive act. Cassiday achieves the symbiosis of chaos and order necessarily present in a post modern yet pre-apocalyptic world. Combining the musical whimsy of a happy dog and the entropy of a darkened universe on a space/time horizon is no small achievement. Cassiday does neither and both. – Andy Warhol

The artistic compulsion to semiotism is antecedent to postmodern antithetic nihilism in its psychogenic pathos. Sans an ego-destructive narcissism, we are but communal archetypes in a creative and cyclical neurogenesis. Or, you know, like whatever, dude. – Michel Foucalt

"Art is its own excuse, and it’s either Art or it’s something else. It’s either a poem or a piece of cheese." Or a Cassiday calendar. - Charles Bukowski


Other news:
Hector Eduardo Rodriguez is a veterinarian in Oaxaca, Mexico, where he has a successful business that treats large animals. He and his wife, Concelita, have four wonderful children. She is a Doctor at the local health clinic known for her caring and healing skills. Their children all excel in their schooling and want to follow in the footsteps of their parents. “We love our parents,” they all say. “They are respected by the whole town, they treat us so well, and they are so understanding and fun to be with. We want to be like them when we grow up. And it is all because they have 11” x 17” wall calendars.” They go on: “Without their 11” x 17” wall calendars, they would have arrived late for their universities. They would have not become the doctors everyone loves. They owe it all to Bud Cassiday, Papillion, Ne. And the calendars are only $20. We love him so much.” This is a true story.


Sally McSweeney, 35, worked at The Adams Agency, an advertising company in Lubbock, Texas. She had worked for 8 long grueling months to land the contract of an important aerospace industry and planned to meet them in Chicago on Nov. 8, 2016. She had worked weekends. She had worked long hours. She lost track of time. She had prepared extensively for the meeting with her financial projections, her audience analysis, her list of prospective customers. And she was ready; however, she had no calendar, in particular an 11” x 17” wall calendar. She went to Chicago on the wrong day losing the account and her job. Heartbroken, she thought, “If only I had a wall calendar, I could have written those important meetings on the right days instead of putting all that work in for nothing.” Don’t let what happened to Sally happen to you. Don’t lose track of time. Don’t miss that Chicago aerospace contract. Order a calendar today, preferably an Art by Cassiday 2019 calendar for only $20.

Jonathan Wormington Smythe Winfield woke with a nagging suspicion he had missed something the day before. "What is the date today?" he wondered. "What month is it?" he worried. "If only I had a calendar, " he thought, "I wouldn't have missed that important job interview and my life would be better." He pulled himself out of bed, sorted through the pile of soiled clothing on the floor and found his favorite underwear, a pair of black socks, the jeans he'd worn for seven consecutive days, smelled a t-shirt just to be sure it was okay to wear, and found a sweatshirt wadded up at the bottom of the pile. "Where, oh where, can I buy a calendar" he thought. "If only I'd had one, my life would be so much better. And an art calendar! That's what I need. Every day I can be amused and inspired by the monthly original art featured." So he remembered he had seen calendars by a Papillion artist. "$20?" he thought. "Heck, I can afford that and my life will be so much better." So he bought one and his life became so much better. He knew what day it was, what month it was, and knew Christmas was on Dec. 25. He found a good job, has a girl friend, moved into his own apartment, now remembers his mother's birthday, and is saving his money to buy a new car. This story is true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home