artbycassiday

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Summer 2017

Summer 2017

I like to sit on my
small patio in the mornings
and evenings when
it’s not so hot.
In the mornings,
my patio is shaded and
late in the evening,
the sun drops below the
tree line a block west.
In the mornings, I
sip on my coffee.
In the evenings,
I sip on a glass of
bourbon or scotch over ice.
The courtyard swimming pool
often has a few late evening
families enjoying the cool water.
I watch contrails above
as they form and slowly spread.
I deduce the planes are flying
from Denver or Salt Lake City
or Minneapolis or Chicago.
As dusk settles in,
the residents leave the pool,
the contrails disappear into
ever darker sky,
the noises of children
move inside,
replaced by quieter
sounds of evening,
and an orange/yellow
glow in the northwest
fades into the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home