artbycassiday

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Art Therapy Feb 2005


Dear Selected Art of the Day Club Members (those who i think can appreciate the humor):

Several people have commented to me that my year as an artist must have been therapuetic. I've been considering these remarks and the thinking behind them and while I acknowledge that they were made with all good intentions I have to set the record straight.

Painting for me is not therapy -- it quite actually probably has the reverse effect -- in that it is most likely driving me insane.

Golf is therapuetic. Watching NYPD Blue reruns on TV is therapuetic. Watching Law and Order or West Wing reruns is therapuetic. Playing cards or catch or hide and seek with my son is therapuetic. Riding a bike in the country on a nice day is therapuetic.

Painting is a perverse pervasive need/monkeyonmyback/compulsion/anarchic/addiction/chaoscreating, terror that I can't stop. Lightining thunder striking, will sapping relentless seizure activity. Hyenas fighting over the entrails of my spirit. Rats gnawing at the exposed liver of my soul.

Have a nice day :) .

Later,
Cassiday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home