artbycassiday

Monday, September 11, 2006

9-11


I will add my two cents to the cacophonic Babel of 9-11 commentary.

This is in memory of all those innocents who were killed on 9-11-01 and also to the innocence our children lost that day and every day since. No longer were we as well able to protect them from the future.

I continue to be hopeful that smarter and wiser leaders will emerge to wage peace against terrorists.

I continue to be hopeful that religious apocalyptic fundamentalism will diminish.

I continue to be hopeful that the deaths of the young people we have sacrificed in this war against war will not have been in vain.

God Bless America and the Ideals we Profess.

I am struck by the fact that the definition of "profess" includes both "to declare or admit openly or freely" and "to declare in words or appearances only." Let's hope it's the former and not the latter.

Bud C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home