artbycassiday

Friday, October 30, 2015

And that's the way it is............

My proposal for the next Repub debate is that there be no moderators. Just the candidates on stage and they have to self-organize the event. We might be able to see who is a leader, who orchestrates communication, who commands respect, who has legitimate ideas, who can organize other people, who is an idiot, etc. What happened the other night advanced only the last item on my list. * * * * * * * * * So far, Ben Carson says he doesn't stab people with knives anymore and Ted Cruz says he doesn't drive drunk. I guess that's something. I cannot, however, think of any circumstances whatsoever where I would want Ted Cruz to drive me home..........* * * * * * * * * * *I've got to admit that tears came to my eyes when Donald Trump revealed his dad would only loan him $1 million. That's rough.* * * * * * * * * * * More on the Republican debate: Fact checking organizations took a severe hit the other night as every one of their computers spontaneously combusted. "It was just too much for out computers to take. Virtually every phrase in every sentence of every candidate contain a fib, a dissembling, a brazen outright lie, or a fantasy. From supply side economics (we need to give the rich more tax breaks) and our tax plans do not add to the deficits, to flim-flam dietary supplements (Ben Carson says he had no relationship with Mannatech), our computers were simply overwhelmed with mendacity. We hope to be up and running in time for the next debate." * * * * * * * I long for the bucolic and sylvan days of yesteryore when I thought doctors were smart people. And, finally, ponder this for a while: more preschoolers are killed by guns than are police officers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What's happening Bud? No "F" bombs, no A$$ words this week. I'm proud!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Mary Campbell said...

I can't think of any circumstances whatsoever under which I would watch a political debate. I'd rather peel my toenails off. But that's just me....

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home