artbycassiday

Friday, April 24, 2015

Going to Hell in a Hambasket

I'm thinking about the contradictions inherent in Rand Paul's name. Rand, named after atheist, pro-abortionist, anti-government Ayn Rand (who of course drew social security and medicare), and Paul, the apostle, that Christian letter writer to all those Corinthians, and Galatians, and Philippians. Talk about opposing forces. And Rand Paul, exemplifies those forces: the one time libertarian now evangelical Elmer Gantry impersonator Christian embracing government control over women's bodies would have Ayn Rand in an apoplectic fit. The mental gymnastics required to gloss over the contradictions is amazing. The best line, though, I've heard about Rand Paul is that he is a stupid person's idea of a smart person. * * * * * * * * And another thing - I can never remember for sure the correct spelling of whether Hillary is right or Hilary is right. One L or two Ls. One of my facebook friends claimed it must be one L because Lucifer has one L. I don't think that is right. If she's nominated and elected, I'll learn it for sure. * * * * * * * Michelle Bachman (remember her?)is very excited that Barack Obama may be accelerating the coming of the Rapture with his support for gay marriage and health insurance for everyone. Weird. I hope they take her. * * * * * * * Kansas welfare recipients can no longer use welfare checks to pay for Carribean cruises. It's hard for me to believe that was much of a problem. * * * * * ** I saw a news report that Westboro Baptist Church member may go to Iraq to protest against Islam. Good luck with that. Good idea. Bon voyage. Nice knowing you. * * * * * * * Finally, I heard someone say the world is going to hell in a hambasket. Umm, please pass the mustard.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg Kosmicki said...

Hey Bud,
Was that your friend who has Old-Timer's Disease? Just wondering.
Greg

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home