artbycassiday

Friday, November 04, 2016

Election Special Edition - Nov. 2016

A few thoughts on the upcoming election - The man who said having lots of sex was his Vietnam experience, that going to a military prep school was more rigorous than serving in the army, who got five deferments from the draft and says he wouldn't want to share a fox hole with John McCain, is on third wife, had five bankruptcies, led the Obama birth certificate nonsense, dissed John McCain for getting shot down, has on-going bromance with Russian dictator Putin, says Mexicans are rapists, wants to deport 11 million men, women, and children, says he would block Muslims from coming to the United States, lied about giving money to veterans and other charities, likely paid no income tax for 20 years for losing $1 billion of other people's money while claiming to be worth $10 billion, is enthusiastically backed by the KKK and other white supremacist groups, says he might default on America's debt, doesn't know Latvia from Ecuador, encouraged Russia to spy on the Democratic National Committee, bragged about sexually assaulting women, has been accused by a couple dozen women of such assault, walked in on naked young women at Miss Teen USA contests, promised to spread more nuclear weapons around the world, and is about to have two criminals trials commence, one for child rape and another for fraud, says Hillary using wrong email account disqualifies her from the Presidency. * * * * * * * * * * * As near as I can tell, Republicans want to privatize everything in Washington DC but the Secretary of State's email server. * * * * * * * * * Much of the American electorate is still trying to process the factors in their vote for the President. On the one hand is a lying, racist, fascist, mean-spirited, ignorant, con-man, sexual predator with the emotional maturity of a 3 year old, who wants more nuclear weapons in the world, and the other a former First Lady, Senator who used a private email server when she was Secretary of State, which, btw, was not prohibited at the time. What to do? What to do? On balance, it doesn't seem like that difficult a choice to me. Andy Borowitz, a comic genius, said, "We've made so much progress in this country that a woman with forty years of public service can actually dream of narrowly defeating a man with no experience whatsoever." * * * * * * * * * * * * The Chicago Cubs won the World Series of Baseball, although the only two countries participating are the US and Canada. Anyway while watching the other night I was imagining what it might be like to face a 96 mph fast ball. I'm guessing I would faint and pee my pants. Not necessarily in that order. * * * * * * * I remember batting against an Exeter pitcher named Dennis Hall way back when when I was a base baller in Friend, Nebraska. In those little leagues, the pitcher's mound was about 12 feet away and this kid Dennis was about 8 feet tall as I remember and was widely thought of as the best pitcher in Saline County, if not the entire United States, that is, if Exeter is in the same county as Friend. I'll look it up later. I was maybe 12 or 13 and was 5'9" and weighed about 130. I'm pretty sure my knees were knocking and I think I closed my eyes and swung when he pitched a 300 mph fast ball and I somehow hit a bloop single to right field, so I really don't remember what that pitch looked like. But I was standing on first base, much to the pitcher's dislike. I really don't remember the rest of the game, but I do remember that "at bat." And I'm pretty sure my pants were dry. * * * * * * * * * Oh, and I'd be a lot happier for The Chicago Cubs if they weren't owned by the Ricketts family. * * * * * * ** * * * And yes, my calendars are still available. $20. email me at artbycassiday@cox.net. One nice thing about my Art by Cassiday 2017 calendars is that there is no Presidential Election in Nov. 2017.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg Kosmicki said...

Hey Bud--You were right about the Husker too! You should become a professional prognosticator.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home