artbycassiday

Friday, December 02, 2016

It's the Don of a New Era

The economy created 178,000 jobs last month and the unemployment rate dropped to 4.6%. Outraged Republicans, soon to be in charge, vow to turn this around. * * * * * * * * * * And regarding the Carrier Corporation's intention to transfer its manufacturing plants to Mexico, Donald Trump has claimed a great victory in a visit to Indiana where he sent a clear message to corporate America with his tough talk: "If you try to move jobs out of America, we will give you very large tax breaks to keep some of them here." ** * * * * * * * * The only government agency I can see Sarah Palin as the head is The Federal Department of Stupid. * * * * * * * * * Regarding Donald Trump's statements that flag burning should result in a year in jail or loss of citizenship, I remember Molly Ivin's quip: "I prefer someone who burns a flag and wraps themselves up in the constitution over someone who burns the constitution and wraps themselves up in the flag." * * * * * * * * * * Watching Mitt Romney grovel in front of Donald Trump is really sad for Mitt. I suspect Donald Trump wants to hire him for something so he can fire him. * * * * * * * * I do a lot of political postings on Facebook and had an interesting day this week. I told some guy I didn't know to fuck off after he called me "princess." I find ad hominem arguments unconvincing. And I almost violated one of my basic rules: never argue about the Constitution with someone who can't spell it. Jeez. Relax, dude. Breathe. Read a goddamn book. * * * * * * * * * * It's amazing to me that after 7 years of trying repeal Obamacare, Republicans still don't have a clue about what to replace it with. "Repeal and Delay" is the latest description being floated by the Repubs. The biggest trouble facing Republicans' big "repeal and replace" or "repeal and delay" Obamacare talk is that health insurance mandates and marketplace competition with subsidies was arguably the best idea they ever came up with in the first place. Incidentally, Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan's big plan to replace Medicare is just that: marketplace competition with premium subsidies in which seniors would pay more and more for less and less. And insurance companies would reap more windfall profits. * * * * * * * * * * * After attacking Hillary for months and months and months about the possible mishandling of classified documents, Donald Trump is considering appointing a new Secretary of State who was convicted of passing along classified information to his mistress. Donald Patraeus, if approved, would have to notify his probation officer of his new job. (some things you just can't make up). * * * * * * * * * * Donald Trump is simultaneously claiming there was massive voter fraud while actively opposing any recounts. * * * * * * * * * I've still got a handful of my Art by Cassiday 2017 wall calendars left -- a new picture every month, plus a bonus on the cover! about a nickel a day! all new dates! holidays free! No presidential election in 2017...although impeachment of the new one is not out of the picture.....$20. contact me here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Campbell said...

Sadly, I can't afford your calendar this year, Bud. I'm saving for when Medicaid is repealed. How about I mail you a nickel a day? Oh, wait....

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home