artbycassiday

Saturday, December 10, 2016

The Two Resolutions I Kept This Year

Every so often I'll be driving somewhere or sitting at my desk at school or watching tv and I will remember that Donald Trump will be sworn in as President in a few weeks. I usually utter a spontaneous "Fuuuuuuuuuuuucckkkkkkkkk" and descend into utter despair. For all the talk of an Electoral College rebellion or voter recount efforts, I doubt any of that will change anything. Occasionally I think the Russian connection will catch up to Trump, but even that seems farfetched. Impeachment after the inauguration seems the likeliest outcome but even then Mike Pence would become President. Not much better. I think we will be stuck with Trump for a while. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk." I'm wondering if any of you out there are experiencing something similar. * * * * * * * * * * * * * With all the Russian connections in the Trump administration, I'm wondering if we will wake up one morning like the Ukrainians did and discovered Crimea occupied by Russians ---- a massive Russian-orchestrated flash mob takeover of the US government. ...........Or maybe I'm just being paranoid. I mean, would Trump appoint people opposed to health insurance for people to head the Dept. of Health and Human Services, would he appoint people opposed to public education to lead the Dept. of Education, would he appoint someone opposed to minimum wages to the Dept. of Labor, would he appoint oil barons to the Dept. of Environmental Protection? Would he appoint the head of a multi-national oil company to be Secretary of State? Ummmmmmm, wait a second............................. * * * * * * * * * * * * Ben Carson said this on hearing of his nomination as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development - "Hey, it's not brain surgery." * * * * * * * * * * * * A religious question - Did you ever stop to think there were no fish on Noah's ark? * * * * * * * * * * * *And here are a few other thoughts for now: “When all else fails, I always say, paint a flower." It's not easy living in a universe devoid of meaning." I've spent most of my life golfing. The rest I've just wasted." Author Unknown. "You want to carry an M-16? Join the army." * * * * * * * * * * * * You know how some people get a head start on their Christmas shopping? I'm getting an early start on my annual Christmas depression. I usually have to deal with some mild depression at Christmas and I'm thinking this year will be even worse. The only saving grace is that I have been able to keep the only real New Year's Resolution I made in January of this year, and that was to drink more whiskey and take more naps. On that, I have succeeded. Cheers. Merry Christmas and all those other applicable holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home