artbycassiday

Thursday, May 25, 2017

My Day

May 25 My Day
I started out this morning at
a quarter after seven with
a cup of coffee before heading
over to the Sarpy Metro campus
about eight or so
to grade papers for a couple of hours.
I then drove to my church where I
picked up a dozen or so pieces of art
I was showing there. I sold three
pieces from that: chickens wearing
sunglasses and a couple of flower pics.
After that, I headed to the Metro South campus
and graded the remainder of my papers
while eating a Subway ham and provolone
with all the veggies except
the two hot pepper options
with lite mayo and brown mustard,
entered grades,
and headed home.
After about 3 or 4 trips to the car
unloading the art and rehanging
several in the blank spaces on my
living room and bathroom walls,
I settled in for a chair nap,
watched several episodes of
Better Call Saul, fried some
steak and defrosted some shrimp
for dinner, poured a glass
of Jim Beam, and picked up
Better Call Saul where I left off.
Later, I wrote two poems, including
this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home