artbycassiday

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Another Saturday Morning

Another Saturday Morning

It’s another Saturday morning.
Seems like there’s one every week or so.
I’m sipping coffee again on my
small patio. I can hear airplanes
leaving or approaching
the Millard airport, but can't see them
due to cloud cover.
I’m the only one I see
sipping coffee on a deck or patio.
In fact the only people I’ve seen
at all was a woman on a sidewalk near the
Papillion Senior Center who
appeared to be out on her
morning walk and
a guy spraying weed killer,
I presume, on a decorative
boulder feature in my parking lot.
But that was it; no other people.
Maybe they are sleeping in or think
it is too hot out. It really isn’t.
I wish I could sleep in like that.
I seem to wake up about 7 am
no matter what time I go to bed
or how tired I am at the end
of the previous day.
I sometimes can nap in the afternoons
in my leather Barca Lounger recliner,
but even that’s rare anymore.
Today is a blank slate,
tabula rasa,
sort of day. I have no
scheduled events
or appointments to attend to.
So far I’ve put away a few dishes,
took out the garbage,
watched some tv news,
and sat for a while on my patio.
Maybe I’ll write a poem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home