artbycassiday

Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Kanesville Symphony and other stuff

The Kanesville Symphony I play in will have our Movie Music Magic concert this Thursday evening at 7:30 pm at The Center, 714 So. Main in Council Bluffs. We're playing selections and medleys from Star Wars, The Wizard of Oz, The Pink Panther, Peter Gunn, Fiddler on the Roof, Lawrence of Arabia, and others. My other band, Happy Together, is getting back together for another season! I think we've been playing for ten years! We've got gigs lined up for several private parties, an antique car show, something at Baxter's car dealership, and an Aug. 30 gig at Lauritzen Gardens! We'll be doing our rock and roll covers as usual.
* * * * * * * * * * In the political world, Donald Trump is accusing Ted Cruz campaign of using Gestapo tactics, - the fascist is calling the messianic sociopath a nazi. But he was quite right when he said Wisconsin's Governor Scott Walker was a disaster. Donald Trump issued a concession speech after Ted Cruz won the Wisconsin primary: "You losers. Governor Walker's a brain dead doofus and an idiot. Ted's a moron. And a liar. You're all stooooopid. You're all fired, assholes. I'll sue your asses." Donald Trump is predicting a terrible recession in the next eight years. "And if I'm elected and Congress passes my economic package," he says, "I'll guarantee it!" * * * * * * * * * * That Governor Rick Scott of Florida took out an ad attacking the woman who called him an asshole pretty much proves her point. * * * * * * * * The Best Description of the Republican Party Award this week goes to Bill Maher: a pee-stained house full of dead cats. * * * * * * * * I'm watching the Masters on tv right now and I rather enjoy watching a golf course chew up and spit out the world's best golfers. It's what I and my golfing buddies go through every week on the local public links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home