artbycassiday

Friday, May 20, 2016

I'm Tired of Writing about Donald Trump

I think most Republican leaders will fall in line with Donald Trump primarily because they are soulless, venal, cowardly, sycophants who crave power. Applying a bit of Freudian analysis gleaned from a two minute look at an online encylopedia, Donald Trump is the "id" of America comprised of uncontrolled impulses, instinctual behavior, "a cauldron full of seething excitations" seeking instant gratification...... Seems accurate to me. Here's a good line from Andy Borowitz: "To vote for Donald Trump one needs to believe it is easier to run an entire country than keep a steak company from going out of business." * * * * * * * * * And I'm still trying to figure out why a known serial liar has gained such traction. * * * * * * * * * * One of Donald Trump's suggested Supreme Court justices is on record as calling him a "moron." Trump may want to rethink that one. * * * * * * * * * My basic desire for a President is that he/she have a good heart, have a capacity for humility, an inclination toward telling the truth, be a fairly competent administrator with a capacity to learn and select smart people for jobs, have a respect for science and knowledge, have a social conscience, and the capability to not totally f*** everything up. Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton both possess these qualities in different combinations in my opinion....... Donald Trump most certainly does not. * * * * * * * * I am imagining the brouhaha among Republicans if Barack Obama said he would talk to Kim Jong Un, nuclear arm South Korea, not rule out dropping nukes on Europe, and reconsidering our NATO obligations........ * * * * * * * * * Donald Trump may have finally made a serious blunder in his campaign. He challenged the new Mayor of London to an IQ test. Given the elevation of ignorance as a modern value in the Republican party, bragging about his IQ may cost him votes. * * * * * * * * * As the self-proclaimed leader of democracy in the world, we seem to have a difficult time running fair and impartial elections......incompetence, fraud, corruption, indifference, manipulation, gerry-mandering, lost ballot boxes. It's very disturbing to me.* * * * * *On a different topic entirely, I know there are many factors involved in a decision to close a nuclear power plant like the one in Fort Calhoun, but it has always struck me that nuclear power is a very complicated way to boil water. * * * * * * * * * My brother Dave asked me the other day how we described sleep in a pre-industrial world. You couldn't say, for example, "I was out like a light." How did early humans make non-mechanical metaphors anyway? "I slept like a tree trunk." "I slept like moss on the north side of a fallen branch." "I slept like a dead rat." * * * * * * * And a final thought about writing from Ernest Hemingway: Write drunk. Edit sober.

2 Comments:

Blogger Issyco said...

Hillary is a liar and would keep us right where we are as she gleans her millions from the big boys! Bernie can't beat her, but Trump can. He is not beholding to anyone and may surprise a lot of us by doing the things that need to be done to keep our country great! The email below is incorrect. My email is issyco!@cox.net

2:28 PM  
Blogger Fee said...

I started reading your blog because Ancestry believes we are cousins. It would be wonderful if you were interested in making contact and working out which of our great great great grandfathers or mothers is the one we have in common! Glad to see you are literate and artistic and musical, aren't in favour of 1) Trump being President 2) Guns 3) Nuclear Power. We may have some stuff in common. As I write this I worry that this counts as stalking, but if you do not wish for contact of course I will respect that. Best wishes from Fee in England

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home